Sr. SAP Basis Consultant
This Sr. SAP Basis Consultant position will require a person who can be the architect on a very large implementation team on a project and working directly with the client to gather requirements, build a proof of concept and implement the solution.
This role implements, maintains and enhances the NetWeaver components of our clients SAP systems such Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Warehouse (BW), Business Intelligence (BI), BOBJ, SAP Access Control (GRC), SAP HCM with Success Factors, SAP S/4 HANA, Process Integration (PI), SAP Solution Manager, SAP HANA, etc. and supporting third party products. The Senior SAP Basis Consultant is responsible for SAP Basis configuration, installation, performance tuning, release upgrades, corrections and transports, client implementation and diagnoses and resolving system problems. It requires an in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies to configure and integrate various NetWeaver based platforms with other client information. This person will perform SAP technical application package evaluation, selection, installation, and support. This role also helps with capacity planning and future growth assessments of all SAP systems and could serve as technical lead on various implementation, upgrades, and enhancement projects as assigned, as well as to act as a mentor in developing, coaching and encouraging of other technical team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS SENIOR LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 10 years of experience working and developing in distributed computing technologies.
- 10 years of experience in SAP system design, administration and troubleshooting with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, HANA and SQL Server).
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Demonstrated project management experience managing implementations of new enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
- Experience with componenets SAP ECC, CRM, PI, SLD, Solution Manager, eRecruiting, BOBJ BI/BODS/IS, GRC, TREX, JAVA system and etc.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, network, and operating systems.
- Proven effective track record of customer interactions.
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols: IP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, RIP, EGP, BGP, OSPF
- RDBMS knowledge (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server,HANA, Informix, DB2, Sybase)
- Knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows Server and related utilities. Requires strong troubleshooting ability.
- 10 years of hands-on experience with SAP architecture, BASIS administration and support. ABAP/4 and NetWeaver platform integration.
- Setting up the CRM-ECC replication and troubleshooting the replication issues
- Deep knowledge of SAP system installations and administration, as well as deep understanding of the SAP architecture and multiple application modules, particularly strong SAP NetWeaver platform knowledge.
- Deep Knowledge of Windows Clustering, AIX HACMP , Failover and DR concepts
- Understands SAP protocols/standards (e.g. EDI, APPC, CPI-C, BDC, RFC, Sapcomm, ALE, OLE, BAPI, Archivelink).
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Extensive experience with systems’ monitoring, job scheduling, system configuration, authorizations, transports, SAP database tools, SAP Landscape, and client administration such as copies, deletions, and refreshes.
- Deep experience with the following tools: Solution Manager; SAP Extended Diagnostics by CA Wily, Technical Monitoring, ChaRM, SAML2, SAP Gateway, SAP LVM & PCA, SAP Root Cause Analyzer; Redwood Central Process Scheduler.
- Hands-on Automation experience of some of the routine BASIS activities
- Experience in Maintaining SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Ability to support SAP application consultants and SAP users.
- Experience with two or more full implementation cycles.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS • Broad scope of experience within a large information systems environment.
- Experience with a complete project cycle from inception to completion.
- Experience as an SAP project manager or as a technical leader of sub-projects of enterprise-level initiatives.
- Experience with Internet technologies including experience with HTML, XML and Java.
- SAP Certification(s)