The Office Coordinator is a vital member of the team and is often the first and last point of contact with internal and external customers. The person in this role performs a variety of tasks, including office operations, bookkeeping related activities, customer interface and follow-up, among others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors and guests
- Maintain office space to present an inviting atmosphere
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail along with shipping and receiving duties
- Prepare correspondence
- Manage inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Liaise between departments
- Ensure that staff’s travel arrangements are well taken care of
- Monitor and track travel expenses
- Provide support to marketing, sales and communications departments by maintaining mailing lists and coordinating efforts
- Monitor and fulfill staff needs
- Schedule interviews for the human resource department and assist in orientations
- Ensure building maintenance by coordinating activities of the maintenance staff
- Review and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain accurate staff records
- Gather and summarize data for preparing presentations
- Brief executives on the time, venue and agenda of meetings and presentations
- Order office supplies and ensure adequate supplies are maintained at all times
- File records and data on a periodic basis
- Be flexible and willing to complete other duties as assigned
Timeliness Customer Satisfaction
Customer Retention New Clients Contacted & Converted
Supervision is provided by President/CEO. This position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision.
No direct reports. May monitor and coordinate the work of temps____.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: Associate’s degree in business with a focus on office management
Experience: A minimum of 5 years working in an office environment with a proven record of obtaining similar results as those required of this position.
Skills: Possess strong interpersonal skills, along with exceptional oral and written communication skills. Able to multi-task and interact with customers & staff. Ability to accurately update customer records in a timely manner. Ability to become proficient using QuickBooks Accounting System, perform word processing, and able to work independently.